I seem to have come down with some post-finals bug. This is prone to happen since I stay healthy through finals using sheer force of will not to get sick. Without that overwhelming need to stay healthy for tests, I tend to crash. So I have a sore throat, and I just woke up from like a four hour nap. Meaning this will all be a little scattered.
- I think I was drunk when I packed. Probably not, since I don’t drink. But I did an exceptionally bad job packing.
- There was a crap ton of snow in Sandy on Monday. That’s an actual measurement.
- I now own a pair of footie pajamas with ducks on them. They make me feel less like I’ve contracted the plague.
- My body has been racked with intense salad cravings for about a week now.
- The BYU-Utah bowl game was the weirdest game of football I have ever seen. I can genuinely say I had a fun time watching it. It’s like after your team turns the ball over on five consecutive drives, your expectations are set so low that just about anything feels like progress. We didn’t fumble the ball that drive, progress! We got a pass interference call in our favor, progress! We still have cookies to eat, progress!
A favorite moment from the game.
Madison (after about the third turn over): Oh man, they’re totally going to get in a fight.
Sam: Good. Maybe we’ll actually win the fight.
Taylor Swift lyrics of the week: And you know I wanna ask you to dance right there, in the middle of the parking lot.
Other lyrics I like this week:
“It doesn’t take much. Just a smile or a touch. And I’m a kid again. I can almost feel that wind.” Look Heart, No Hands, Randy Travis
“Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live. Maybe one of these days you can let the light in. Show me how big your brave is.” Brave, Sara Bareilles
“I’ve got a tight grip on reality but I can’t let go of what’s in front of me here. I know you’re leaving in the morning when you wake up. Leave me with some kind of proof it’s not a dream.” The Only Exception, Paramore